Total Pageviews

March 17, 2011

Liquid Red and The Shave



Liquid Red
by
Matthew Ivan Cherry

I took a razor to my head
exposing my white scalp
to save some greenbacks
forgoing a haircut 
and a trim.

I continued
down the side of my face
removing the whiskers
from my sideburns
and under my nose
swiping ‘round my soul
patch
using lever for lubricant.

To save time I
used the shower
spritzing my parts
as I went ‘bout my biz.

With the slip of soap
and razor in my hand
 I nicked my neck
a slice
 just shy of the jugular.

My liquid red
now flows
rosa
and
weeps profusely
from my cut
throat.

It drips
down across
my clavicle in a current
pooling in my gullet
flooding down the center of my chest
and torso trailing
down
where I dangle
it swirls around my shaft
like its a barber shop poll
or a peppermint
stick
it laps at my purple package
spilling down my thighs and
flows towards the in-betweens
of my toes.

A part of me washes
down the drain
staining
the fibers
that gather together
loosely
sifting into felted shards
like remnants of dishrags
made of pubic hair
and
lint from my belly
button.
Post a Comment