Total Pageviews

February 19, 2012

RAD - Dan - 11th Session (in progress)

Dan w Friendly Chops
Dan Shaved
Dan w Horseshoe/Hogan
Dan w Full Beard

Session 11

(in progress)

36" x 36" ea
Oil on Canvas

It strikes me that the act of modifying ones face to meet a standard of appropriateness (shaving) is not that much different than other forms of body modification...it is just one that mainstream culture has adopted as "professional" and/or "pleasing".

For this reason I have become intrigued by those who sport a beard.
If you are a dude and are wearing a beard and are willing to modify...or document the growth from a clean shaven face to full growth...or if you change the style and are willing to document it for me...please email me to contribute to the project and I will add your face to my series.

All you brothers out there...I need a minimum of 4-8 versions of beards per dude. 
They will hang in grids of 4 per subject.

"LEND ME YOUR BEARDS"

matthewivancherry@yahoo.com




Session 10

Session 9

Session 8

Session 7

Session 6

Session 5

Session 4

Session 3

Session 2

Session 1

Post a Comment