Total Pageviews

August 24, 2013

Twp Figures Lying in a Shallow Stream

philip harris - two figures lying in a shallow stream
philip harris
two figures lying in a shallow stream
72 x 48
- * -
reminiscing
you + me swimming in a Philip Harris stream
by
We were always alone in our togetherness.
YOU
all costumed in your ideal
wrappings
ready to put on
ready to party
pitiful
when things didn’t go
just as you’d planned
parenting
filling your uterus full
with a void
being your easy fix
but never quite fulfilling
your vagina
nor your desire
for the nostalgia
of what you would soon
abort.
Yet
you were always there
ever present
tucked away
by my side
somewhere
distant.
I still love you.
ME
with my arm and hand
and hammer
held to the forever square
stout
but with naivete
and my limp attempts
to shield you from your storms
and the downpour of my delusions
while navigating our
together-course
still juggle-balancing
my desire to breath free
shed my skin
and swim naked
in the very air that afflicted
our ability to float.
I just wanted
you
to touch me
and reach around
to wrap
yourself
in my flesh.
Do you still love me?
WE
swam the shallow stream
like olympians
treading our waters of obstacles
hurdles
strife
and challenges
that test-proved our friendship.
We sloshed through our dreams
more crystal clear
than our reality
ripe with all of the filth
that filled us to overflowing
capacity
and more
to where
we could no longer
glimpse our couplet-potential
which caused you to let go.
In silence
we submerge
into our own state of solitude
together lonely
still in glimpse of the other
and our ability to grasp
one another
yet unable
to hold on
so we look
away.
Post a Comment